Thursday, 9 December 2010

garage means STORES

I had a hearty laugh today...alas! I had to laugh alone....noone to accompany me...let me tell you why...Sorry guys...dont be dissapointed when I say I met with an accident and laughed my heart out...Anyways...I think it was not me rather I should say english language met with a deadly funny accident in this land of rising sun...May be Cambridge and Oxford Dictionaries are already got 'shock death' by 'nihongo english'...By now you must have a guess already...Yeah...today a masters student was carrying a lot of lab stuff in boxes, I was nice enough to offer him help...and he says its okey, because I am just going to put these in 'GARAGE' and its not far!!! I was thinking which garage is he going to put pipet tips...and meanwhile I went to open the door for him (thinking about the real garage which at least I expect to be in ground floor)...And then he said no thanks 'here is the garage'....imagine he pointed towards the 'store room' at the end of the corridor......... I swear I could not control my laugh...But I did not want to offend him...To my excuse came the washroom. I just escaped there and laughed and laughed..............So guys 'GARAGE' means 'STORES'....
I am sorry Brits!!!!!!
This is 'Nihongo english' I mean 'japanese english'

1 comment:

  1. how language changes from a country to country..even in the city of "oxford dictionary" english has been mangled.. example " half six rather than half past six"

    ReplyDelete